Tomato and Tomatillo Salad
John and I were invited for dinner this past weekend and I put together this delicious salad to take with us. It was delicious and it was a hit at the dinner party! It is a quick and easy summer salad and perfect at this time of year especially when many of the ingredients are in season!
- 12 green tomatillos, husks removed, rinsed under tepid water and cut into quarters
- 20-30 cherry or grape tomatoes of different colours and varieties washed and cut in half
- 1 medium sized red onion, diced
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 8 sprigs cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2-3 avocados, diced
- 2 small limes, juiced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- shredded paneer or crumbled ricotta to sprinkle on top (if you eat dairy)
- Mix all ingredients together and gently toss.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and serve