This is one yummalicious recipe! I could eat it every day for a week! This recipe seems big and it is. It will give you one pie for today and another one to put in the freezer for those days when you come home from work and you want something quick and easy and delicious!
Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie
- 2 lbs grass fed ground beef
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 ribs of celery diced
- 2 large carrots diced
- 1 can of corn
- 1 cup of peas
- 1 tsp of thyme
- 1 tsp of rosemary
- ½ tsp of nutmeg
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- Hot sauce to taste
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 4 white potatoes
- 2 tbsp of butter
- ¼ cup milk
- Brown the beef and drain it and set aside.
- In the same pan, add coconut oil, garlic, onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes on medium/high until onion is translucent and aromatic.
- Add celery, carrots, corn and peas and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Mix the beef back in and add thyme, rosemary, nutmeg, salt, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and hot sauce.
- Simmer for 6 minutes.
- Wash and chop all the potatoes. Leave the skins on.
- Boil them until tender (easily put a fork through them.)
- Drain them and put back in the pot and mash them up.
- Add butter and milk.
- Use hand blender to whip the potatoes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the beef mixture on the bottom of glass baking dish and cover with potato mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes (1 hour to 90 minutes if frozen.)