by Dr. Peggy Malone
These salmon cakes are so yummy warm right out of the pan or cold the next day! I like to have them on a salad.
- 2 cans of wild salmon, drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp minced red onion
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp green onion, minced
- dash of Rosemary, Sage and Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1-2 tsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Mix the salmon, eggs, red onion, garlic, green onion and spices and coconut flour in a small mixing bowl.
- In a large pan over medium heat, melt the coconut oil.
- Form the salmon mixture into 4 equally sized patties and place them in the pan.
- Cook until the patties are brown on one side before flipping and cook through
Love your picture/recipes for the salmon cake salad and would love to try it. But I am not able to use anything coconut. Can you tell me what a good alternative would be and still keep the recipe healthy. Would EVOO be a good substitute? or something else? and no idea what to substitute for the coconut flour. Thanks for you all that you do to try to get us motivated and moving towards a healthier life!
A good olive oil would be my next choice and you could sub almond flour for the coconut flour. Hope this helps!! They are super delicious 🙂