By: Dr. Peggy Malone
Delicious roasted veggies is a simple and delicious side dish that can go with almost any meal. As a result, it’s a perfect recipe for the fall and winter as root vegetables are in abundance. This is so true every time I make this recipe for company, they rave about it which I love because I know how simple it is.
A Perfect Thanksgiving or Christmas Side Dish
This roasted veggies recipe is a perfect side for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner and I also make it weekly to go with pork chops or steaks on the barbecue.
Cutting up the veggies and putting them in the fridge the night before or in the morning before I leave for work makes my life so much easier. As a result, they just need to be popped in the oven when I get home which makes this recipe so convenient!
A Super Simple Recipe
I’ve included the veggies that I usually use in this recipe but you could easily substitute the vegetables that you have on hand or that you find delicious and would like to have roasted. For instance, sometimes I add kale or zucchini broccoli or cauliflower. Just use whatever you have available and it’ll be delicious!!
This roasted veggies recipe is sooooo super simple. You just cut up the veggies, then put them in a casserole dish, add coconut oil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 min to an hour.
- 1-2 Sweet Potatos
- 1 Onion I like red onion
- 2-4 Beets Depends on size
- 2 Celery stalks
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2-3 Tbsp Coconut Oil Where to buy coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Peel the beets and the sweet potatoes (optional...I don't peel the sweet potatoes)
- Chop all veggies and dice garlic
- Scoop the coconut oil on to the veggie mixture and put it into the oven.
- Once the oil is melted after a few minutes, give the mixture a stir
- Bake for 45 min to 1 hour