By: Dr. Peggy Malone
This is a simple and delicious side dish that can go with almost any meal. It’s perfect for the fall and winter as root vegetables are in abundance.
I have made this as a side for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner and I also make it weekly to go with pork chops or steaks on the barbeque.
I usually cut up the veggies and put them in the fridge the night before or in the morning before I leave for work and then they just need to be popped in the oven which makes this recipe so convenient!
I’ve included the veggies that I usually use in this recipe but you could substitute the vegetables that you like to have roasted. The recipe is super simple. Cut up the veggies. Put them in a casserole dish, add coconut oil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 min to an hour.
- 1-2 Sweet Potatos
- 1 Onion (I like red onion)
- 2-4 Beets (Depends on size)
- 2 Celery stalks
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2-3 Tbsp Coconut Oil (Where to buy coconut oil)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Peel the beets and the sweet potatoes (optional...I don't peel the sweet potatoes)
- Chop all veggies and dice garlic
- Scoop the coconut oil on to the veggie mixture and put it into the oven.
- Once the oil is melted after a few minutes, give the mixture a stir
- Bake for 45 min to 1 hour