Fun in the Kitchen With Dr. Peggy
Garlic Cauli-mashed “Potatoes”
An amazing alternative to mashed potatoes!
When you are looking for the health benefits of your veggies and the comfort of mashed potatoes, this recipe is a great fit!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons of butter or coconut oil
- 1 clove raw garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- pepper to taste
- Chop the cauliflower into 2 to 3 inch pieces
- Steam the cauliflower until it is tender
- Place cauliflower, butter or oil, garlic, salt and pepper in the food processor and puree until smooth and creamy.
- An alternative method is to mash the ingredients together by hand with a potato masher.
Serve as you would mashed potatoes.