Fun in the Kitchen with Dr. Peggy
Blueberry Oatmeal Pancakes
This recipe is something that I have been experimenting with for a few weeks now for my own breakfast a couple times per week. It is dairy free, gluten free, sugar free and super delicious!
You can use whatever fruit you have available, I have used bananas and raspberries as well as blueberries. You could even make this healthy breakfast using all three or get creative with other fruit.
Also, to make sure that this recipe is truly gluten free, (if that is important to your diet) make sure to get ‘gluten free’ oats. Oats are gluten free but most are processed in facilities that also process wheat, barley and rye and as a result, the oats are often gluten contaminated.
- 1 tsp of coconut oil (use olive oil if you don’t have coconut)
- ½ cup large flake oats
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 hand full of blueberries (or fruit of your choice)
- Mix oats, egg, egg white and fruit in a bowl.
- Place coconut oil in pan on medium heat and melt it so that it covers the pan.
- Place oat mixture in pan and squish it down into a ‘pancake’ shape
- Let it cook for a minute or so on one side and then flip to the other side. It is done when the edges start to brown a little bit.
- Serve it right away with a little maple syrup or spread your favourite nut butter on top.
This makes one fairly large pancake.