Fun in the Kitchen With Dr. Peggy
Blueberry Lemon Muffins
These blueberry lemon muffins are a delicious gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free way to have a healthy on-the-go breakfast or snack.
- 6 pastured eggs
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- juice from one lemon
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup organic blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix eggs, coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup and lemon juice in a large bowl
- Mix dry ingredients together in a small bowl and then mix into the wet ingredients until smooth
- Gently fold in the blueberries
- Use coconut oil to grease a muffin tin or use muffin papers
- Scoop a ¼ cup of the mixture into each muffin cup
- Bake for 35-40 minutes
Dr. Peggy Malone is a Chiropractor and an Athlete who helps other athletes to overcome injury and get back to their sport. Her weekly Television Series 'Living Well" inspires people from all walks of life to take control of their health to be as happy and as healthy as they can be.
A former varsity Basketball and Rugby player, she has since entered the world of endurance athletics where she has completed 2 Ironman Triathlons, 3 Marathons, several Half Marathons and many other Triathlons, Road Races and Off-Road Adventure races of varying distances.
Her own athletic endeavors and injuries have given her valuable insight into working with athletes in her practice for both the care of injuries as well as for the improvement of athletic performance.