BBQ Sweets and Beets
by Dr. Peggy Malone
This is an amazing recipe to try on the BBQ right now as beets are in season. I made this last week for my sister’s birthday party. It is delicious!!
- 3-4 Medium sized Beets
- 2-3 Medium sized Sweet Potatoes
- 2-3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp of melted Coconut Oil
- Wash and peel the beets and chop into small cubes
- Wash the sweet potatoes and chop into slightly larger cubes than the beets (they don’t take as long to cook). You can peel the sweet potatoes if you like… I leave the skin on.
- Place the beets and sweets in tinfoil.
- Sprinkle minced garlic over the mixture and drizzle the melted coconut oil over everything.
- Wrap up the tin foil and place on the BBQ on medium heat for about 40 minutes. Flip the foil a few times.
- When they are a bit tender, they are all done!