BBQ Sweets and Beets
by Dr. Peggy Malone
This is an amazing recipe to try on the BBQ right now as beets are in season. I made this last week for my sister’s birthday party. It is delicious!!
- 3-4 Medium sized Beets
- 2-3 Medium sized Sweet Potatoes
- 2-3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp of melted Coconut Oil
- Wash and peel the beets and chop into small cubes
- Wash the sweet potatoes and chop into slightly larger cubes than the beets (they don’t take as long to cook). You can peel the sweet potatoes if you like… I leave the skin on.
- Place the beets and sweets in tinfoil.
- Sprinkle minced garlic over the mixture and drizzle the melted coconut oil over everything.
- Wrap up the tin foil and place on the BBQ on medium heat for about 40 minutes. Flip the foil a few times.
- When they are a bit tender, they are all done!
Dr. Peggy Malone is a Chiropractor and an Athlete who helps other athletes to overcome injury and get back to their sport. Her weekly Television Series 'Living Well" inspires people from all walks of life to take control of their health to be as happy and as healthy as they can be.
A former varsity Basketball and Rugby player, she has since entered the world of endurance athletics where she has completed 2 Ironman Triathlons, 3 Marathons, several Half Marathons and many other Triathlons, Road Races and Off-Road Adventure races of varying distances.
Her own athletic endeavors and injuries have given her valuable insight into working with athletes in her practice for both the care of injuries as well as for the improvement of athletic performance.