Tomato and Tomatillo Salad
John and I were invited for dinner this past weekend and I put together this delicious salad to take with us. It was delicious and it was a hit at the dinner party! It is a quick and easy summer salad and perfect at this time of year especially when many of the ingredients are in season!
- 12 green tomatillos, husks removed, rinsed under tepid water and cut into quarters
- 20-30 cherry or grape tomatoes of different colours and varieties washed and cut in half
- 1 medium sized red onion, diced
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 8 sprigs cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2-3 avocados, diced
- 2 small limes, juiced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- shredded paneer or crumbled ricotta to sprinkle on top (if you eat dairy)
- Mix all ingredients together and gently toss.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and serve
Dr. Peggy Malone is a Chiropractor and an Athlete who helps other athletes to overcome injury and get back to their sport. Her weekly Television Series 'Living Well" inspires people from all walks of life to take control of their health to be as happy and as healthy as they can be.
A former varsity Basketball and Rugby player, she has since entered the world of endurance athletics where she has completed 2 Ironman Triathlons, 3 Marathons, several Half Marathons and many other Triathlons, Road Races and Off-Road Adventure races of varying distances.
Her own athletic endeavors and injuries have given her valuable insight into working with athletes in her practice for both the care of injuries as well as for the improvement of athletic performance.