Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti. AKA: Squa-ghetti
by Dr. Peggy Malone
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- 1 jar organic tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Wash and rinse the spaghetti squash
- Cut it in 2 lengthwise (be careful…you may have to wrestle with it a bit)
- Scoop out the seeds with a spoon
- Place the 2 halves cut side down on a cookie sheet
- Bake the squash for 35 to 40 minutes
- While the squash is baking, brown the ground beef. Drain off the fat and add onion and garlic until aromatic
- Add the tomato sauce and let it simmer until the squash is cooked
- Allow the squash to cool for 10 to 15 minutes and then use a fork to scrape out the strands of the spaghetti squash.
- Use the squash as you would pasta and pour the meat sauce over it.
Dr. Peggy Malone is a Chiropractor and an Athlete who helps other athletes to overcome injury and get back to their sport. Her weekly Television Series 'Living Well" inspires people from all walks of life to take control of their health to be as happy and as healthy as they can be.
A former varsity Basketball and Rugby player, she has since entered the world of endurance athletics where she has completed 2 Ironman Triathlons, 3 Marathons, several Half Marathons and many other Triathlons, Road Races and Off-Road Adventure races of varying distances.
Her own athletic endeavors and injuries have given her valuable insight into working with athletes in her practice for both the care of injuries as well as for the improvement of athletic performance.