Fun in the Kitchen With Dr. Peggy
This is a terrific recipe that will allow you to enjoy pancakes on Sunday morning guilt free! This version of a favourite gives you all the yumminess with no sugar, gluten, grains or dairy!
- 1/4 cup nut butter (hazelnut, almond, pecan, I used cashew)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 pastured eggs
- 3 tbsp coconut milk or almond milk
- 2 tsp pure unsweetened vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp ground chia seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 3 tbsp high cocoa percentage chocolate chips
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Mix the nut butter and apple sauce with hand mixer until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time.
- Add in remaining ingredients as listed.
- Heat a non stick ceramic (green) frying pan on medium heat.
- When preheated, add in a tsp or two of the coconut oil and let that get hot.
- Pour or spoon out a couple of tablespoons of batter at a time into the pan
- Let the pancakes cook for 1-2 minutes, then flip and repeat.
- Remove from pan and serve (I usually have bacon with these yummy pancakes)
Dr. Peggy Malone is a Chiropractor and an Athlete who helps other athletes to overcome injury and get back to their sport. Her weekly Television Series 'Living Well" inspires people from all walks of life to take control of their health to be as happy and as healthy as they can be.
A former varsity Basketball and Rugby player, she has since entered the world of endurance athletics where she has completed 2 Ironman Triathlons, 3 Marathons, several Half Marathons and many other Triathlons, Road Races and Off-Road Adventure races of varying distances.
Her own athletic endeavors and injuries have given her valuable insight into working with athletes in her practice for both the care of injuries as well as for the improvement of athletic performance.