Fun in the Kitchen With Dr. Peggy
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
This gluten free chocolate chip banana bread is delicious and is gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, and grain free (paleo friendly.)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 pastured eggs
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup high cocoa percentage chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease loaf pan with butter or coconut oil
- Mix almond flour, cinnamon and baking soda in large bowl
- Beat 2 eggs in a bowl, then mix in water, vanilla, honey, and mashed bananas
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well
- Pour batter into loaf pan
- Bake until brown and crisp around the edges, approximately 45 minute
Dr. Peggy Malone is a Chiropractor and an Athlete who helps other athletes to overcome injury and get back to their sport. Her weekly Television Series 'Living Well" inspires people from all walks of life to take control of their health to be as happy and as healthy as they can be.
A former varsity Basketball and Rugby player, she has since entered the world of endurance athletics where she has completed 2 Ironman Triathlons, 3 Marathons, several Half Marathons and many other Triathlons, Road Races and Off-Road Adventure races of varying distances.
Her own athletic endeavors and injuries have given her valuable insight into working with athletes in her practice for both the care of injuries as well as for the improvement of athletic performance.