Fun in the Kitchen With Dr. Peggy
Coconut Chicken Curry
by Dr. Peggy Malone
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red chili pepper or jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 Tablespoons Curry Powder
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and brown in a pan with the coconut oil.
- Set the chicken aside in a separate bowl.
- Combine the chopped onion, chopped pepper and garlic to the pan that was used for the chicken, and let simmer until onion pieces are soft.
- Add coconut milk, broth, curry powder, red pepper flakes, and chicken, and mix well.
- Cover and let simmer on medium low for about 20 minutes.
Serve over rice or if you want the recipe to be completely paleo then serve over cauliflower rice or eat it this delicious curry on it’s own!
Dr. Peggy Malone is a Chiropractor and an
Athlete who helps other athletes to overcome injury and get back to their sport. Her weekly Television Series 'Living Well" inspires people from all walks of life to take control of their health to be as happy and as healthy as they can be.
A former varsity Basketball and Rugby player, she has since entered the world of endurance athletics where she has completed 2 Ironman Triathlons, 3 Marathons, several Half Marathons and many other Triathlons, Road Races and Off-Road Adventure races of varying distances.
Her own athletic endeavors and injuries have given her valuable insight into working with athletes in her practice for both the care of injuries as well as for the improvement of athletic performance.