Chicken in Cashew Sauce
Chicken In Cashew Sauce
I love love love experimenting with Indian food and this recipe is delicious! I can’t stop eating it 🙂
Write a review
- 2 medium onions
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/3 cup raw cashew nuts (Where to buy raw cashew nuts)
- 1 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic pulp
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted (Where to find coconut oil)
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 lb chicken (bones out, skin off)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- Chop onions and blend in food processor for about 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste, cashew nuts, garam masala, chili powder, turmeric, salt, garlic, lemon juice and coconut cream and blend for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a saucepan, heat the coconut oil over medium and then pour in the spice mixture from the food processor. Cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add half of the chopped cilantro and the chicken and continue to cook for another minute.
- Pour in the water and bring to a simmer. Cook on low/medium heat for about 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve garnished with the remaining chopped cilantro.
- Serve these with Paleo Naan Bread
Dr Peggy Malone | Health Coach | Take Control of Your Health http://drpeggymalone.com/